Governors recognise the value of engaging with the whole school community as a key strength of Honeywell’s special ethos, and we are committed to regular communication with parents, carers and other stakeholders throughout the year. Some of the ways we provide information to and engage with the Honeywell community include:
- Visiting the schools regularly throughout the year to speak to pupils and staff and to conduct learning walks and monitoring visits which can be subject specific or cover wider areas such as wellbeing or equality, diversity and inclusion
- Including Governor news updates in the schools’ fortnightly newsletters
- Attending PTFA class reps meetings termly to engage with the parent/carer community and give an opportunity for questions to be asked of us
- Publishing annual Strategic Plans for each school clearly identifying priorities for the current academic year.
- Publishing an annual Governors' Impact Statement covering all areas of the Committees’ and Link Governors’ work
- Ensuring publication of key statutory items such as the SEND Policy and Information Report, Pupil Premium Grant review and strategy and Sports Premium plans
- Communicating special pieces of news as they arise, for example a senior leader appointment
- Providing minutes of governing body meetings on request
Members of the Honeywell community are encouraged to contact Governors any time if there is something they would like to share with us, and we welcome positive feedback as well as constructive suggestions for improvement. For specific concerns, please refer in the first instance to the Concerns and Complaints Procedure on the Website to ensure the concern is handled correctly; in these circumstances Governors may refer a matter back to school to address.
🌳 Strategic Plans
Please follow this link to read the current academic year’s strategic priorities for the Junior School
Please follow this link to read the current academic year’s strategic priorities for the Infant School
Please follow the link to find the latest newsletters for each school, where you can scroll through to the Governor section to read updates and news.