Arrangements for Child Protection and Safeguarding During Covid-19 School Closures - April 2020
Honeywell Infant and Junior Schools are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The health, safety and well-being of every child are our paramount concern. We listen to our pupils and take seriously what they tell us. Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children.
We recognise that, for children, high self-esteem, confidence, supportive friends and clear lines of communication with a trusted adult ensures their safety and well being.
Our school aims to:
• Practice safe recruitment by checking the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children
• Raise awareness of child protection issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe
• Develop and implement procedures for identifying and reporting cases/suspected cases of abuse
• Support pupils who have been abused in accordance with the agreed child protection plan
• Establish a safe environment in which children can learn and develop
• Maintain an ethos where children feel secure, are encouraged to talk and are listened to
• Ensure that children know that there are adults in the school who they can approach if they are worried or are in difficulty
• Include PSHE activities and opportunities in the curriculum to equip children with the skills they need to stay safe from abuse
The Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) are:
Honeywell Infant School: Kathryn Jessett
Honeywell Junior School: Jo Clarke
The Designated Members of Staff (DMS) are:
Infant School: Jane Neal, Fiona Arnold & Amy Walker
Junior School: Natasha Ojo, Sally Sephton - Mon-Weds,
and Lorraine Blake - Wed-Fri
The Designated Governor for Safeguarding is: Lucy Taffs
Referrals to Wandsworth MASH can be made by:
Telephone: 020 8871 6622
The MASH is in operation Monday – Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. At other times please contact the Out of Hours Duty Service on 020 8871 6000.